Monday, November 17, 2008

Event: The Interview

It is my opinion that the interview went rather well.  It was a teensy bit uncomfortable to see my grandfather loose his composure a few times, bit I'm glad he's able to express emotions about the war. I think he may not have had any emotional outlet for most of his life due to his family's military background and his prolonged service in the army. I have never seen him talk so much about his time in the army, so I'm glad we were able to catch his experiences on film. The part of his narrative that I enjoyed the most was his story about the end of the war. Like I said at the shoot, seeing a whole bunch of young privates jump sky high at the sound of the guns sounds like a scene out of a slapstick comedy. I also liked the story about hazing in military school. It speaks of an age where kids could have swords and beating of other kids was rather normal. Those silly old timers.

No comments: